Application Form for a Géza Alföldy-Stipend
AIEGL (Association Internationale d’Épigraphie Grecque et Latine) annually awards two Géza Alföldy-stipends in the amount ofEUR 1,200 each to young researchers in order to pursue their epigraphic research for a period of one to two-months.
In order to be eligible, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be active members of AIEGL and under the age of 35 years at the time of application.
- Applications should be submitted by 31 March of the calendar year. Decisions will be announced by 15 May.
- Applications will be evaluated by a panel of IIIviri praemiis dandis appointed by the Bureau of AIEGL from among senior members of our Association. Final decisions, based upon the recommendations of the IIIviri, will be will bemade by the Bureau of AIEGL.
- Successful applicants must send brief reports (200-300 words) of their use of the stipend to the Bureau of AIEGL within 30 days after the end of their study abroad.
- Name, address (mailing and email), and CV (max. 1 page) of the applicant.
- Project description (max. 3 pages).
- Name of the host institution and proposed dates of research study.
- List of any other sources of funding, applied for or already secured, for the research stay.
- Acknowledgement of a willingness to host from the host institution (this document may be added later).